Duty to God Patch
The 12th point of the Scout Law states "A Scout is Reverent". In recent years, as the Catholic Church has more fully developed its apostolate to youth, it has become known as Youth Ministry. Scouting IS a significant part of this ministry.
To commemorate the NCCS initiative to expand the outreach of Scouting to more sponsoring organizations and youth this patch has been made available for use by local DCCS and BSA Scout groups.
Suggested Uses for the Duty to God Patch:
- youth who are working on or have completed a religious emblem
- youth and adult members of a Pope Paul VI unit
- youth and adults participating in a retreat event
- youth and adult members of a National Gold Medallion or regional finalist unit
- participants in the St. George Trek
- each person contacted to start a new unit such as clergy, laypersons, KC members, etc
- adult members completing training
- religious emblems counselors and DCCS members
- Scouts in Catholic chartered units
- Catholic scouts in any unit
Diocese of Peoria Scout Mass Patch
Provided to all Scouts attending the Scout Mass at St. Mary's cathedral. If you did not receive your patch in all the crowd and excitement, please contact your unit leader. Unit leaders, please contact the DCCS committee if you still need patches for attendees who did not receive one.
The NFCYM Patch is available from the DCCS and is recommended for use in recognizing achievement, participation and excellence in activities under the auspices of the Girl Scout of the USA and Campfire programs.
We bleieve that ALL youth have a profound and joyful duty to an ongoing relationship with God. This emblem may be used in any of the same ways as the Duty to God patch for members of the BSA.
To order these patches please contact your regional DCCS member.